Process involves answering phone calls from patient / guarantor / attorney / insurance etc regarding the statement received by patient. Our staffs undergo Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) test and rigorous training before they are moved to a live project. Few reasons we would receive inbound calls for:
- Provide insurance information
- Set up payment plan
- Request financial consideration/hardship discount
- Make credit card payment
- Disputing the bill (handling this call is a bit challenging)
- Provide charity care letter
- Requesting itemized statement
- Verify balance on the account
- Call from insurance member service representative to provide insurance/reason to bill patient
In the past, our leadership team has handled 2000 plus calls every day for specialties Emergency room physician, Radiologist, Pathologist etc where physician groups were not participating with insurance companies. We maintained 95% call answer rate with minimal escalations.
We are well-versed in making outbound phone calls. Outbound employees go through the same training as the inbound callers.